Join John Derry for an in-depth discussion in this video What's new in Painter 2017?, part of Painter 2017 Essential Training.
- [Instructor] Painter has always excelled at mimicking expressive, traditional art tools, and Painter 2017 continues this tradition. A key area of improvement are several refinements in work flow. Painter has continuously added new interface elements over the course of its 25-year history. There are now over 90 of these functional panels found throughout Painter. Introduced in this edition are several organizing functions. These include palette drawers, which enable an additional level of organizational hierarchy and enhanced property bars, which place formerly disparate current tool functions one convenient click away.
The addition of texture painting helps you seamlessly integrate an array of surface textures into your work. The new dab stencils enable you to intelligently mask a brush dab using a variety of stenciling media, like papers or flow maps, and glazing brushes gives you a precise level of control over painting using transparent and translucent paint transitions. Interactive gradients introduces a completely new interface for creating sophisticated graduations of color.
Gradient express color adds an optional hand-rendered appearance to applied gradation, and layouts, a collection of pre-defined user interface arrangements, provide a variety of digital art work flows by displaying only the relevant palettes and tools. Painter 2017 is ready for prime time, and I hope you are, too.
- Working with a pen tablet
- Installing custom content
- Navigating the Painter interface
- Customizing your work environment
- Working with the temporal color palette
- Identifying safety nets
- Resetting brush properties
- Troubleshooting when a brush won't paint
- Drawing with Painter
- Working with bristle, special, and hard media
Skill Level Intermediate
Painter: Painting with Particle Brusheswith John Derry49m 24s Beginner
1. Painting on a Computer
2. Navigating Painter’s Interface
3. Customizing Your Work Environment
5. Safety Nets and Troubleshooting
6. Drawing with Painter's Media
Next steps1m 16s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.