In this course, John Derry shares basic and advanced creative techniques in Painter 2017 that can help you kick-start your creative process. Familiarize yourself with both the new features offered in Painter 2017 and the essentials. Learn how to use custom settings and features to organize your workspace. See how to work with the color tools, identify safety nets, and paint with the new Glazing Brushes, Dab Stencils, and Texture brushes.
- [John] Hi, I'm John Derry, and welcome to Painter Essential Training. In this course, I'll be navigating the essential of Painter's interface and new features. I'll show you how to customize your work environment in Painter to use it for your exact needs. I'll talk about the color palette and how to mix colors for any kind of digital artwork. I'll then go over some of the safety nets you can put in place when working in a digital environment. We'll create a painting of wildflowers, then utilize it in a collage combined with other elements from a recent trip to a wildflower-covered mountain.
Since we recorded this course, Corel has released Painter 2018. A few videos, such as this one have been updated to reflect this new version. Additionally, I have added a new chapter at the end of the course called New Features in Painter 2018, which will give you a breakdown of all the additions included in Painter's latest release. And if you don't have Painter 2018 yet, you can use this chapter to get a preview of what you'll get if and when you upgrade. By taking the time to learn this remarkable digital painting platform, you'll be expanding your expressive voice.
Now let's get started with Painter Essential Training.
- Working with a pen tablet
- Installing custom content
- Navigating the Painter interface
- Customizing your work environment
- Working with the temporal color palette
- Identifying safety nets
- Resetting brush properties
- Troubleshooting when a brush won't paint
- Drawing with Painter
- Working with bristle, special, and hard media
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 11/29/2017. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover new features in Painter 2018.
Painter: Painting with Particle Brusheswith John Derry48m 57s Beginner
1. Painting on a Computer
Working with a pen tablet2m 50s
2. Navigating Painter’s Interface
3. Customizing Your Work Environment
5. Safety Nets and Troubleshooting
6. Drawing with Painter's Media
7. New Features in Painter 2018
Next steps Updated1m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.