In this course, John Derry shares basic and advanced creative techniques in Painter 2017 that can help you kick-start your creative process. Familiarize yourself with both the new features offered in Painter 2017 and the essentials. Learn how to use custom settings and features to organize your workspace. See how to work with the color tools, identify safety nets, and paint with the new Glazing Brushes, Dab Stencils, and Texture brushes.
- [John] Hi, I'm John Derry, and welcome to Painter 2017 Essential Training. In this course, I'll be navigating the essential of Painter's interface and new features. I'll show you how to customize your work environment in Painter to use it for exactly your own needs. I'll talk about the color palette and how to mix colors for any kind of digital artwork. And then I'll go over some safety nets you can put in place when working in a digital world. We'll create a painting of wildflowers, then utilize it in a collage, combined with other elements from a recent trip to a wildflower-covered mountain.
One of the keys to a successful artwork is initially taking the time to create a sketch that will become the foundation of your final piece. Now, let's get started with Painter 2017 Essential Training.
- Working with a pen tablet
- Installing custom content
- Navigating the Painter interface
- Customizing your work environment
- Working with the temporal color palette
- Identifying safety nets
- Resetting brush properties
- Troubleshooting when a brush won't paint
- Drawing with Painter
- Working with bristle, special, and hard media
Skill Level Intermediate
Painter: Painting with Particle Brusheswith John Derry49m 24s Beginner
1. Painting on a Computer
2. Navigating Painter’s Interface
3. Customizing Your Work Environment
5. Safety Nets and Troubleshooting
6. Drawing with Painter's Media
Next steps1m 16s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.