Join John Derry for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the exercise files, part of Painter 2017 Essential Training.
- [Instructor] If you have access to the Exercise Files, you can download 'em to your desktop like I have done here. I have also provided custom workspaces for Painter 2017 and 2018 that are available for anyone to download. The Exercise Files are broken down into chapters, and any content associated with the chapter will be found in the appropriate chapter folder. If you don't have access to the exercise files, don't worry, you can still follow along with your own assets.
Now, let's get painting.
- Working with a pen tablet
- Installing custom content
- Navigating the Painter interface
- Customizing your work environment
- Working with the temporal color palette
- Identifying safety nets
- Resetting brush properties
- Troubleshooting when a brush won't paint
- Drawing with Painter
- Working with bristle, special, and hard media
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 11/29/2017. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover new features in Painter 2018.
Painter: Painting with Particle Brusheswith John Derry48m 57s Beginner
1. Painting on a Computer
Working with a pen tablet2m 50s
2. Navigating Painter’s Interface
3. Customizing Your Work Environment
5. Safety Nets and Troubleshooting
6. Drawing with Painter's Media
7. New Features in Painter 2018
Next steps Updated1m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.