- Exploring the six axes of motion
- Adjusting pressure sensitivity
- Assigning functions to the Touch Ring and stylus buttons
- Using tilt, bearing, and barrel rotation to control strokes
Skill Level Intermediate
- Hi, I'm John Derry, and welcome to Using a Wacom Tablet with Painter. The Wacom tablet and stylus has become an essential tool for digital artists, doing work on the computer. And I'm happy to say that in the early days of Wacom's introduction into the United States, Painter played a major role in breaking open the market for pressure sensitive tools, so Painter and Wacom have quite a history together. I'm gonna go through and show you how using a combination of controls in Painter, as well as the controls in the Wacom preferences panel, you can maximize the pressure response, and all of the other dimensions of motion that this tablet is capable of, and in doing so, you're gonna get the maximum expressive capabilities out of your artwork.
And now, let's get started with, Using a Wacom Tablet with Painter.