Join John Derry for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the Interactive Gradient tool, part of Painter 2017 Essential Training.
- [Instructor] Gradients are a great way to get…interesting effects by blending colors.…The new Interactive Gradient tool really gives you…control over gradients in Painter.…Interactive Gradients can even apply brushwork…to a gradient giving it a hand-applied appearance.…Let's blend in and take a look at Interactive Gradients.…I'm going to go ahead and I want to reduce this a little bit…'cause we're going to be looking at the Gradient panel…in a bit and I want to be able to see the image…side by side with my Gradient panel,…so we'll reduce the scale here a bit.…
To create an Interactive Gradient, we just go over…to the Tool palette and get the Interactive Gradient tool.…Once you click on that and come back in your image,…you'll see a crosshair and what this represents…is the tool that we are going to make our gradient with.…And to use it, you want to position it where you want…your gradient to start, and then click and drag.…So now I have this rubber band line which represents…the orientation of the gradient.…
- Working with a pen tablet
- Installing custom content
- Navigating the Painter interface
- Customizing your work environment
- Working with the temporal color palette
- Identifying safety nets
- Resetting brush properties
- Troubleshooting when a brush won't paint
- Drawing with Painter
- Working with bristle, special, and hard media
Skill Level Intermediate
Painter: Painting with Particle Brusheswith John Derry49m 24s Beginner
1. Painting on a Computer
2. Navigating Painter’s Interface
3. Customizing Your Work Environment
5. Safety Nets and Troubleshooting
6. Drawing with Painter's Media
Next steps1m 16s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.