Join John Derry for an in-depth discussion in this video Using Drip and Liquid brushes , part of Painter 2017 Essential Training.
- [Instructor] One of Painter user's long time favorite…brushes is the Sargent brush,…named after Painter's John Singer Sargent.…I created the Sargent brush during the development…of Painter five, using a new feature, the drip method.…This feature enables a brush that both applies…and picks up color.…The result are complex liquid strokes composed…of multiple colors, with each stroke being unique.…A look similar to wet and wet oils or acrylics.…The one deficiency of the Sargent brush was…the fact that it only worked on the canvas.…
In other words, it didn't work on layers and this has been…an impediment for an otherwise very desirable brush.…Thankfully, this constraint has…been eliminated in Painter 2018.…Another factor supercharging the drip method in Painter 2018…is the variety of brush dab types that have been accumulated…between Painter five and Painter 2018.…These dabs enable a potentially broad…range of expressive brushes.…In this video, we'll take a look at the Sargent brush…and see just what all the commotion is about.…
- Working with a pen tablet
- Installing custom content
- Navigating the Painter interface
- Customizing your work environment
- Working with the temporal color palette
- Identifying safety nets
- Resetting brush properties
- Troubleshooting when a brush won't paint
- Drawing with Painter
- Working with bristle, special, and hard media
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 11/29/2017. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover new features in Painter 2018.
Painter: Painting with Particle Brusheswith John Derry48m 57s Beginner
1. Painting on a Computer
2. Navigating Painter’s Interface
3. Customizing Your Work Environment
5. Safety Nets and Troubleshooting
6. Drawing with Painter's Media
7. New Features in Painter 2018
Next steps1m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.