Join John Derry for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the 2018 Welcome screen , part of Painter 2017 Essential Training.
- [Instructor] The Welcome screen has been updated…in Painter 2018 to make it more workflow oriented.…The idea is to quickly get you started on a project.…All of the same components are here…as in the Painter 2017 Welcome screen,…just rearranged.…Let's take a look.…So if you don't know this,…in order to get to the Welcome screen…once you're already in Painter,…you just need to go to Help…and down here to Welcome.…At the top is Documents.…This screen provides a shortcut…to create and open documents.…
A Recent Documents list enables opening documents…you've recently worked on.…Document Templates display any customized sizing…that you've created using the canvas preset function…located in the New Image dialog.…Setup presents a selection of predefined UI…and panel arrangements specifically tuned…for various workflows.…On the right side are settings directing you…to Painter's Brush Tracking and Color Management dialogs.…
The What's New screen encapsulates…the new features found in Painter 2018,…beginning with a short thumbnail description of each.…
- Working with a pen tablet
- Installing custom content
- Navigating the Painter interface
- Customizing your work environment
- Working with the temporal color palette
- Identifying safety nets
- Resetting brush properties
- Troubleshooting when a brush won't paint
- Drawing with Painter
- Working with bristle, special, and hard media
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 11/29/2017. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover new features in Painter 2018.
1. Painting on a Computer
2. Navigating Painter’s Interface
3. Customizing Your Work Environment
5. Safety Nets and Troubleshooting
6. Drawing with Painter's Media
7. New Features in Painter 2018
Next steps1m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.