Join John Derry for an in-depth discussion in this video Troubleshooting when a brush won't paint, part of Painter 2017 Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- [Instructor] Painter is a very complex application…due to the fact that it has multiple brush engines…within it.…If I open up the brush palette, you can see right away…that there are just rows and rows of tabs…that you can open up that are specific…to the various brush engines within Painter.…As a result, things can happen that sometimes…for unknown reasons your brush just won't paint…on your image and you can't figure it out.…So, what I've done to help alleviate that a bit…is I've created a PDF file and you're going to find it…within your Chapter Five folder right here.…
Let's go ahead and open it up.…This is a list of all of the common causes that prevent…a brush from opening.…So if you get into one of those situations,…use this brush checklist and go through it to find out…if you can figure out what it is.…I'm not going to say that every possibility in the world…exists by going through this,…but these are the major causes of it,…and most likely if your brush isn't painting,…one of these is going to provide you with a solution…
- Working with a pen tablet
- Installing custom content
- Navigating the Painter interface
- Customizing your work environment
- Working with the temporal color palette
- Identifying safety nets
- Resetting brush properties
- Troubleshooting when a brush won't paint
- Drawing with Painter
- Working with bristle, special, and hard media
Skill Level Intermediate
Painting with Particle Brushes in Painterwith John Derry49m 24s Beginner
1. Painting on a Computer
2. Navigating Painter’s Interface
3. Customizing Your Work Environment
5. Safety Nets and Troubleshooting
6. Drawing with Painter's Media
Next steps1m 16s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.