Join John Derry for an in-depth discussion in this video Texture Synthesis, part of Painter 2017 Essential Training.
- [Instructor] The world around us is made up…of endless textures.…We often utilize texture in art…to add a greater sense of complexity.…If you need a texture for the goal of adding complexity,…it can often be difficult to find an appropriate source…large enough to do the job.…Painter 2018's new Texture Synthesis feature…comes to the rescue to seemingly create an endless texture…with a relatively small sample of the actual texture…you want to expand.…Let's take a look at this useful tool.…
I'm pretty much finished with this,…but I realize, in some of these flatter areas,…I'd like to just add cracks,…as if this texture background is just weathered and aging…and starting to almost decompose,…so a few cracks around this will help make that…look the way I want it to look.…To do that, we need to have a source texture.…I'm going to go up and open a texture…that we'll find in our Chapter 7 Exercise folder,…it's called cracked_mud,…let's go ahead and open it up.…
Here it is.…In fact, this happens to be at 100%.…Let me just switch back and forth for you.…
- Working with a pen tablet
- Installing custom content
- Navigating the Painter interface
- Customizing your work environment
- Working with the temporal color palette
- Identifying safety nets
- Resetting brush properties
- Troubleshooting when a brush won't paint
- Drawing with Painter
- Working with bristle, special, and hard media
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 11/29/2017. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover new features in Painter 2018.
1. Painting on a Computer
2. Navigating Painter’s Interface
3. Customizing Your Work Environment
5. Safety Nets and Troubleshooting
6. Drawing with Painter's Media
7. New Features in Painter 2018
Next steps1m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.