Join John Derry for an in-depth discussion in this video Restoring a workspace, part of Painter 2017 Essential Training.
- [Instructor] Painter's workspace feature…provides a way to encapsulate everything,…brush and content libraries,…settings, preferences, palette layouts.…In other words, a complete working environment.…Reimporting a workspace is the ultimate technique…for getting back to normal.…Now, if you followed my directions…at the beginning of this course,…and installed the custom workspace that I was working with,…then you have a recourse to try things out,…move stuff around, and see if this or that works.…Let me show you.…I'm going to go in here, and I'm going to start messing around.…
I'm going to take some things and move them,…maybe put this down here.…I'll put this over here.…I'm just really trying, for the moment,…to really change things around.…Now, there's a couple things we can do.…Workspaces are the primary way to do it,…but now in Painter 2017, I also want to mention the layout,…at least in terms of what I just did.…Simply restoring the layout should bring me back…to the way that it was.…So, we're more or less back to where we were.…
- Working with a pen tablet
- Installing custom content
- Navigating the Painter interface
- Customizing your work environment
- Working with the temporal color palette
- Identifying safety nets
- Resetting brush properties
- Troubleshooting when a brush won't paint
- Drawing with Painter
- Working with bristle, special, and hard media
Skill Level Intermediate
Painting with Particle Brushes in Painterwith John Derry49m 24s Beginner
1. Painting on a Computer
2. Navigating Painter’s Interface
3. Customizing Your Work Environment
5. Safety Nets and Troubleshooting
6. Drawing with Painter's Media
Next steps1m 16s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.