Join John Derry for an in-depth discussion in this video Resetting brush properties, part of Painter 2017 Essential Training.
- [Narrator] There are times when you start…playing around with the brush controls…that you can get into a situation…where all of a sudden you have no idea what's happening,…or why the brush is acting the way it is.…What can you do at this point?…Is there any recourse?…Let's take a look at what I'm talking about…so you can see how this works.…I've got the opaque acrylic brush set here…and let's just look at it.…Nice brush.…I'm going to go into the brush controls here,…and what I want to get you over…is the fear of making any adjustments.…
So let's play like I'm Joe New User…and here I am I go in here…and I, ooh, what do these do?…I'm going to play with these and adjust these,…I have no idea what Stroke Jitter means, I don't know.…So I make these adjustments and then I go to use the brush,…and it's like oh my gosh what did I do?…It may be a kind of an interesting brush,…but I don't remember what these settings were,…I have no way to get back to it.…What do you do?…Well, fortunately in Painter there is a panic button,…
- Working with a pen tablet
- Installing custom content
- Navigating the Painter interface
- Customizing your work environment
- Working with the temporal color palette
- Identifying safety nets
- Resetting brush properties
- Troubleshooting when a brush won't paint
- Drawing with Painter
- Working with bristle, special, and hard media
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 11/29/2017. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover new features in Painter 2018.
1. Painting on a Computer
2. Navigating Painter’s Interface
3. Customizing Your Work Environment
5. Safety Nets and Troubleshooting
6. Drawing with Painter's Media
7. New Features in Painter 2018
Next steps1m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.