Join John Derry for an in-depth discussion in this video Painting with speckle and particle brushes, part of Painter 2017 Essential Training.
- [John] Painter's particle brushes utilize several…physics based parameters, that can make drawn strokes…appear as if they are affected by qualities like…gravity, springiness, and acceleration.…The particle model represents a departure…from traditional media.…Entirely novel new forms of expressivity are possible…with these brushes.…In this movie, we're going to use a particle brush to…create the allusion of grass.…Rather than delineating each blade of grass individually,…we use a particle brush that makes creating grass…a walk in the park.…
Let's get started.…Now, we're going to just briefly touch on particle brushes,…but they are a huge area of Painter that you're probably…going to find, you're going to want to find out more about it,…and to do so, check out my course,…Painting with Particle Brushes.…In that course, I go into much greater depth…than we're going to go through here.…We just touching the tip of the iceberg here,…but I think if you see a few examples,…you're going to be enticed to want to find out…
- Working with a pen tablet
- Installing custom content
- Navigating the Painter interface
- Customizing your work environment
- Working with the temporal color palette
- Identifying safety nets
- Resetting brush properties
- Troubleshooting when a brush won't paint
- Drawing with Painter
- Working with bristle, special, and hard media
Skill Level Intermediate
Painter: Painting with Particle Brusheswith John Derry49m 24s Beginner
1. Painting on a Computer
2. Navigating Painter’s Interface
3. Customizing Your Work Environment
5. Safety Nets and Troubleshooting
6. Drawing with Painter's Media
Next steps1m 16s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.