Join John Derry for an in-depth discussion in this video Painting with special media, part of Painter 2017 Essential Training.
- [Instructor] What Painter refers to as special media…utilizes dedicated layers to create specific visual effects.…As a result, Painter's special media layer types…include the Watercolor and Liquid Ink layers.…These layers are smart in that they contain much…of the specific code necessary to emulate…a medium like watercolor.…A special media layer is required in order…to individually separate brush qualities…from media-specific characteristics.…
Watercolor is an especially tricky medium…to digitally emulate.…Variables such as wetness, evaporation, pigment suspension,…media absorption and the like must all be accounted for…in order to portray a convincing emulation of watercolor.…All of these qualities are encoded…in the special media layer.…In our painting, we are going to utilize the Watercolor…layer and Real Watercolor category brushes…to add a background to our painting.…Let's get started.…
We've got our painting as it exists at this point,…and I think we can get a little closer here.…I'm going to go ahead and shut off the guide sketch,…
- Working with a pen tablet
- Installing custom content
- Navigating the Painter interface
- Customizing your work environment
- Working with the temporal color palette
- Identifying safety nets
- Resetting brush properties
- Troubleshooting when a brush won't paint
- Drawing with Painter
- Working with bristle, special, and hard media
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 11/29/2017. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover new features in Painter 2018.
1. Painting on a Computer
2. Navigating Painter’s Interface
3. Customizing Your Work Environment
5. Safety Nets and Troubleshooting
6. Drawing with Painter's Media
7. New Features in Painter 2018
Next steps1m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.