Join John Derry for an in-depth discussion in this video Painting with glazing brushes, part of Painter 2017 Essential Training.
- Glazing is a traditional art term…that relates to building up color…via multiple applications of a transparent medium.…By layering multiple translucent colors,…an almost luminous quality of color is achieved.…In the world of digital painting,…glazing is associated with techniques…that value speed and efficiency.…This is the realm of concept art,…in which many iterations of an idea…often need to be visualized.…The glazing brushes excel…at painting with stroke level opacity.…
Rather than individually treating each of the dabs…making up a stroke as a unit of opacity,…the level of opacity is instead…applied to the entire stroke.…If thinking about this gives you a headache,…I think you'll understand…once you see the glazing brushes in action.…So, we've got this drawing that I created…that I'm going to do some glazing on.…We're going to go ahead and create a new layer,…and let's go to the glazing brushes,…and I'm going to take advantage of…just the flat one to begin with,…and I'll show you what makes these special.…
I'm going to draw it right over here,…
- Working with a pen tablet
- Installing custom content
- Navigating the Painter interface
- Customizing your work environment
- Working with the temporal color palette
- Identifying safety nets
- Resetting brush properties
- Troubleshooting when a brush won't paint
- Drawing with Painter
- Working with bristle, special, and hard media
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 11/29/2017. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover new features in Painter 2018.
1. Painting on a Computer
2. Navigating Painter’s Interface
3. Customizing Your Work Environment
5. Safety Nets and Troubleshooting
6. Drawing with Painter's Media
7. New Features in Painter 2018
Next steps1m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.