Join John Derry for an in-depth discussion in this video Painting with dab stencils, part of Painter 2017 Essential Training.
- [Instructor] Painter 2017 introduces some new techniques…that enables applying brush-strokes…through stencil-like patterns and textures.…Dab Stencils act as a brush mask,…allowing paint application…only through non-stencil areas of the mask…while Painter offers a curated category…of dab stencil enabled brushes,…this effect can be applied to any brush.…The combination of Painter's wide array of brushes…and stenciling sources,…opens up practically unlimited visual possibilities.…
Now you may remember as we have been working on this,…that one of the things I wanted to include…in this are these little kind of colored strip elements…that are really just kind of a design motif,…not necessarily related to the subject matter…but I think they're going to just add…a nice extra detail to this.…So I want to put a strip along the edge here,…to be irregular, not as if it's a perfect up and down,…straight horizontal line, you'll see,…we're going to paint it in…so it's going to have an irregularity to it…which is what I want.…
- Working with a pen tablet
- Installing custom content
- Navigating the Painter interface
- Customizing your work environment
- Working with the temporal color palette
- Identifying safety nets
- Resetting brush properties
- Troubleshooting when a brush won't paint
- Drawing with Painter
- Working with bristle, special, and hard media
Skill Level Intermediate
Painter: Painting with Particle Brusheswith John Derry48m 57s Beginner
1. Painting on a Computer
2. Navigating Painter’s Interface
3. Customizing Your Work Environment
5. Safety Nets and Troubleshooting
6. Drawing with Painter's Media
Next steps1m 16s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.