Join John Derry for an in-depth discussion in this video Painting with cloning brushes, part of Painter 2017 Essential Training.
- [Instructor] Painter's sophisticated "turn a photograph…into a painting" trick is based on the concept of cloning.…Cloning relies on the concept of source and destination…images to accomplish this.…Painter's cloner brushes sample the colors from a source…image and automatically funnel these colors through a brush…and interpret the photograph into a painted result…on the destination image by utilizing the expressive…characteristics of the brush through which it is funneled.…
Let's take a quick look at Painter's cloning capabilities.…This is one of the photographs I shot on my trip and I just…really like the silhouette.…I was able to get the sun right behind it and as a result…I got this really nice silhouetted version of the tree.…So I want to use this as my source and originally I was…going to use it just as a photograph but I started thinking…about it and I thought it would be kind of interesting…to add some sort of effect to it as part…of the overall composition.…And to do that I'm going to use Painter's Auto-Cloning…
- Working with a pen tablet
- Installing custom content
- Navigating the Painter interface
- Customizing your work environment
- Working with the temporal color palette
- Identifying safety nets
- Resetting brush properties
- Troubleshooting when a brush won't paint
- Drawing with Painter
- Working with bristle, special, and hard media
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 11/29/2017. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover new features in Painter 2018.
1. Painting on a Computer
2. Navigating Painter’s Interface
3. Customizing Your Work Environment
5. Safety Nets and Troubleshooting
6. Drawing with Painter's Media
7. New Features in Painter 2018
Next steps1m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.