Join John Derry for an in-depth discussion in this video Organizing with palette drawers, part of Painter 2017 Essential Training.
- [Instructor] Painters interface is deep, really deep.…There are currently somewhere around 90 individual panels…that are necessary to contain…all of Painter's functionality.…The basic unit of Painter's interface, is the panel.…Panels can then be grouped into pallets.…For many versions, these two interface entities…were sufficient to organize Painter,…but the increasing number of panels…has necessitated a third organizational layer, Drawers.…In this movie,…we'll take a look at this much needed interface organizer.…
So, we're in Painter, and I've got several panels up here,…and to show you where these all come from,…I'm going to go to the Window menu, and let's just go down…specifically to Brush Control Panels, and oh my gosh,…look at all these, this is where I'm talking about…all of these different panels.…Each one of these represents a panel.…So you can see there are a lot of them,…we're just looking in one of the potential areas…that there are panels.…So, what I want to do here is I want to get…one more panel out that I need to show you this.…
- Working with a pen tablet
- Installing custom content
- Navigating the Painter interface
- Customizing your work environment
- Working with the temporal color palette
- Identifying safety nets
- Resetting brush properties
- Troubleshooting when a brush won't paint
- Drawing with Painter
- Working with bristle, special, and hard media
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 11/29/2017. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover new features in Painter 2018.
Painter: Painting with Particle Brusheswith John Derry48m 57s Beginner
1. Painting on a Computer
2. Navigating Painter’s Interface
3. Customizing Your Work Environment
5. Safety Nets and Troubleshooting
6. Drawing with Painter's Media
7. New Features in Painter 2018
Next steps1m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.