Join John Derry for an in-depth discussion in this video Organizing with layouts, part of Painter 2017 Essential Training.
- [John] Painter's drawers feature provides a much needed…panels and pallets organizing mechanism that helps…reduce interface clutter.…However, this alone doesn't create the ultimate interface…for all of our workflows.…This is where layouts come in.…Layouts enable the user to create different interface…arrangements tuned to specific workflows.…Corel has utilized layouts to conveniently provide…several workflow specific pallet arrangements,…and we'll take a look at them right now.…
Earlier we took a look at workspaces.…In one of the things that I want to cover here,…is what the difference between workspaces and layouts?…Because on the surface they can kind of seem to be the same.…A workspace contains every customization that you've added…to Painter, so custom brushes, custom pallets,…any content that you've added into any of these areas,…like textures, or flow maps, or papers, all of this is going…to be contained and saved in a workspace.…
Layouts, on the other hand, will save all the panels…and pallets, and drawers that you've arranged,…
- Working with a pen tablet
- Installing custom content
- Navigating the Painter interface
- Customizing your work environment
- Working with the temporal color palette
- Identifying safety nets
- Resetting brush properties
- Troubleshooting when a brush won't paint
- Drawing with Painter
- Working with bristle, special, and hard media
Skill Level Intermediate
Painter: Painting with Particle Brusheswith John Derry49m 24s Beginner
1. Painting on a Computer
2. Navigating Painter’s Interface
3. Customizing Your Work Environment
5. Safety Nets and Troubleshooting
6. Drawing with Painter's Media
Next steps1m 16s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.