Join John Derry for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Painter 2017 Essential Training.
- [John] Well, here we are at the end of the course.…I hope you've been able to get excited…about both using Painter as well as expressing yourself…with this remarkable tool.…If you want to continue to advance…your digital painting skills,…feel free to check out my Painting courses in Photo Shop,…such as my series on digital painting in Photo Shop,…in which I cover the subjects of architecture…and urban street scenes, as well as transforming…a portrait into a painting with Photo Shop.…In these courses, I go through an entire project.…
And, you can basically watch over the artist's shoulder…and see how it is done step by step.…Both Wacom Essential training and using…Wacom Tablets with Painter are courses…that may also interest you.…I hope you've enjoyed the course and found some things out…that you didn't know about Painter.…If you're new to Painter, then there should be a few things…in here to help you get you on your way.…And, even if you're an old hand at Painter,…hopefully, I've pulled a few rabbits, or should I say…
- Working with a pen tablet
- Installing custom content
- Navigating the Painter interface
- Customizing your work environment
- Working with the temporal color palette
- Identifying safety nets
- Resetting brush properties
- Troubleshooting when a brush won't paint
- Drawing with Painter
- Working with bristle, special, and hard media
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 11/29/2017. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover new features in Painter 2018.
1. Painting on a Computer
2. Navigating Painter’s Interface
3. Customizing Your Work Environment
5. Safety Nets and Troubleshooting
6. Drawing with Painter's Media
7. New Features in Painter 2018
Next steps1m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.