Join John Derry for an in-depth discussion in this video Navigating Painter, part of Painter 2017 Essential Training.
- [Instructor] Imagine yourself driving,…how do you get around?…Drivers rely on well-defined rules…encoded into standardized signage,…as well as customs, like driving on the right…or left side of the road.…Applications employ similar techniques to aid the user…in navigating its structure.…Let's take a look at Painter's rules of the road.…I will show you then how we can get into this image…and work on it.…And one of the key ways to do it…is to take advantage of the Grabber tool.…
And I'm just going to show you what this does.…If I click and drag, see what's happening to my image?…It's now moving around,…and this black area is actually non-image area,…and there are times where you may actually want…to paint brush strokes, for example,…off the edge of the screen…to come into your screen.…So there are times where it's useful…to be able to see part of the non-image area…in order to be able to get a stroke…the way that you want it within the image.…But another tool that's used in concert with the Grabber…is the Magnifier tool.…
- Working with a pen tablet
- Installing custom content
- Navigating the Painter interface
- Customizing your work environment
- Working with the temporal color palette
- Identifying safety nets
- Resetting brush properties
- Troubleshooting when a brush won't paint
- Drawing with Painter
- Working with bristle, special, and hard media
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 11/29/2017. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover new features in Painter 2018.
1. Painting on a Computer
2. Navigating Painter’s Interface
3. Customizing Your Work Environment
5. Safety Nets and Troubleshooting
6. Drawing with Painter's Media
7. New Features in Painter 2018
Next steps1m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.