Join John Derry for an in-depth discussion in this video Installing custom content, part of Painter 2017 Essential Training.
- [Instructor] Before we get started with this course,…I'm going to ask you to install a custom workspace…that I've created.…This workspace will be used throughout the course…and can be found in chapter one of the exercise files.…If you want to follow along with me,…it'll do you well to have the workspace installed…in your version of Painter.…There's some custom content…in the workspace that you may find useful…beyond just following this course, as well.…Okay, so here we are in Painter,…and we're going to go to the Window menu,…Workspace, Import Workspace.…
And then we'll navigate to the desktop…to the exercise files, chapter one,…and then we're going to load a workspace.…I'm going to load Painter 2018,…and you just want to hit Open,…and now we have our workspace.…Okay, now that that's installed,…let me just show you a few differences…between this and the default workspace…that comes with Painter.…I've added some elements to the menu bar.…You may see these below.…These are the new palette drawers,…and I'm using them to group things together…
- Working with a pen tablet
- Installing custom content
- Navigating the Painter interface
- Customizing your work environment
- Working with the temporal color palette
- Identifying safety nets
- Resetting brush properties
- Troubleshooting when a brush won't paint
- Drawing with Painter
- Working with bristle, special, and hard media
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 11/29/2017. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover new features in Painter 2018.
1. Painting on a Computer
2. Navigating Painter’s Interface
3. Customizing Your Work Environment
5. Safety Nets and Troubleshooting
6. Drawing with Painter's Media
7. New Features in Painter 2018
Next steps1m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.