Join John Derry for an in-depth discussion in this video Installing custom content, part of Painter 2017 Essential Training.
- [Instructor] Before we get started with this course,…I'm going to ask you to install a custom workspace…that I've created.…This workspace will be used throughout the title.…If you want to follow along with me,…it'll do you well,…to have this workspace installed on your version of Painter.…There's some custom content in the workspace…that you may find useful beyond just following this course.…So, let's go through the process of installing that content.…You will find the custom workspace,…in the Exercise folder in Chapter one.…
What we're going to do is,…go up to the Window menu here,…and go up to Workspace,…and we want to go to Import Workspace.…We want to make sure that we go to the Desktop,…Exercise Files,…Chapter one.…Then right here is our workspace.…Lynda Painter 2017 Essential Training…dot pws.…That stands for Painter Workspace.…So let's go ahead and open this.…If you look up top,…below the Menu bar and the Property bar,…you'll see there's a series of…things here.…
These are the new palette drawers.…The new palette drawers are extremely valuable…
- Working with a pen tablet
- Installing custom content
- Navigating the Painter interface
- Customizing your work environment
- Working with the temporal color palette
- Identifying safety nets
- Resetting brush properties
- Troubleshooting when a brush won't paint
- Drawing with Painter
- Working with bristle, special, and hard media
Skill Level Intermediate
Painter: Painting with Particle Brusheswith John Derry48m 57s Beginner
1. Painting on a Computer
2. Navigating Painter’s Interface
3. Customizing Your Work Environment
5. Safety Nets and Troubleshooting
6. Drawing with Painter's Media
Next steps1m 16s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.