Join John Derry for an in-depth discussion in this video Improved Dropper tool, part of Painter 2017 Essential Training.
- [Instructor] The dropper tool is used to select color…from an image.…Before Painter 2017, the dropper was limited…to sampling a single pixel.…The problem with this is that oftentimes an image…is actually comprised of many subtle hue, saturation,…and value variations.…When a single pixel measurement is used to determine color,…the result may not match…what visually appears on the screen.…To correct this, the improved dropper is now capable…of measuring and averaging a larger sample area…around a selected pixel.…
The result is color that matches what your eye sees.…Let's take a look.…So, we're looking at this image and I'm going to zoom…way up on it, but I want to show you from a distance…to begin with, what I'm talking about.…We're going to zoom in to, I forget which one it'll be here,…but we're going to zoom into one of these petals…on these lupines,…and right now, I can see that there's a slight gradient…of color from, almost a white or a lighter blue, into blue,…but as we start to zoom in on this,…and we're going to get really close,…
- Working with a pen tablet
- Installing custom content
- Navigating the Painter interface
- Customizing your work environment
- Working with the temporal color palette
- Identifying safety nets
- Resetting brush properties
- Troubleshooting when a brush won't paint
- Drawing with Painter
- Working with bristle, special, and hard media
Skill Level Intermediate
Painter: Painting with Particle Brusheswith John Derry48m 57s Beginner
1. Painting on a Computer
2. Navigating Painter’s Interface
3. Customizing Your Work Environment
5. Safety Nets and Troubleshooting
6. Drawing with Painter's Media
Next steps1m 16s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.