Join John Derry for an in-depth discussion in this video Identifying safety nets, part of Painter 2017 Essential Training.
- [Instructor] A safety net is a mechanism…to prevent someone from falling into danger.…Painter has several safety nets that you can use…not only to keep yourself from losing your work…but also to encourage you to experiment without fear.…Let's take a look at a few safety nets.…So let's say I'm playing with this image…and I'm experimenting around here…and I want to just see how this is going to work…if I maybe use a few complimentary colors on here…to highlight the petals of the poppies…and all of a sudden while I'm working here…I notice, oh, I didn't this on a layer.…
How am I going to get this back?…I've just ruined my image.…Well, you do have a recourse…and that recourse is probably the greatest invention…along with the computer which is Undo.…With multiple undoes in Painter, I can go back…so I haven't lost my work…or I haven't destroyed it in this case.…I can actually get it back and in fact,…you can even use Painter's Redo command…which by default is Shift y or Control y on Windows…but see, now I'm bringing it back.…
- Working with a pen tablet
- Installing custom content
- Navigating the Painter interface
- Customizing your work environment
- Working with the temporal color palette
- Identifying safety nets
- Resetting brush properties
- Troubleshooting when a brush won't paint
- Drawing with Painter
- Working with bristle, special, and hard media
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 11/29/2017. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover new features in Painter 2018.
Painter: Painting with Particle Brusheswith John Derry48m 57s Beginner
1. Painting on a Computer
2. Navigating Painter’s Interface
3. Customizing Your Work Environment
5. Safety Nets and Troubleshooting
6. Drawing with Painter's Media
7. New Features in Painter 2018
Next steps1m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.