Join John Derry for an in-depth discussion in this video Grain rotation, part of Painter 2017 Essential Training.
- [Narrator] Painter uses paper grain…to add an essential hallmark…associated with many expressive mediums,…and that is the inner action of a delivery tool,…like a paint brush, chalk, or pencil…with the underlying medium to which it is being applied.…The appearance of applied chalk for example,…is a combination of both the ground color pigment…of the chalk stick,…as well as how this medium interacts with…and reveals the underlying papers' uneven texture.…As such, any underlying uneven grain or texture…associated with the receiving medium…is the key component to the look of chalk.…
In this video,…we'll take a look at how a single paper grain…can be made to display additional complexity…via Painter's new grain rotation feature.…Let's get started.…Okay, I've got a blank document set up here,…and I'm going to use a square hard pastel here,…which is in the chalk, pastel, and crayons category,…and I've also selected…this checkerboard-type paper grain…that I've used previously.…
I'm going to show you first of all,…just how paper grain has interacted…
- Working with a pen tablet
- Installing custom content
- Navigating the Painter interface
- Customizing your work environment
- Working with the temporal color palette
- Identifying safety nets
- Resetting brush properties
- Troubleshooting when a brush won't paint
- Drawing with Painter
- Working with bristle, special, and hard media
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 11/29/2017. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover new features in Painter 2018.
Painter: Painting with Particle Brusheswith John Derry48m 57s Beginner
1. Painting on a Computer
2. Navigating Painter’s Interface
3. Customizing Your Work Environment
5. Safety Nets and Troubleshooting
6. Drawing with Painter's Media
7. New Features in Painter 2018
Next steps1m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.