Join John Derry for an in-depth discussion in this video Getting help with hints , part of Painter 2017 Essential Training.
- [Instructor] There is no doubt that Painter…is an application is deep.…Meaning there that there is a lot to digest…when confronted with the user interface.…It can be akin to driving within a busy collection…of highways, roads, and interstates…with no signage to help you get to your destination.…Fortunately, Painter does have some built-in directions…to aid you and get you on your way.…Buckle up your seat belts and let's get started.…The first thing I'm going to talk about,…you've probably seen them here before,…are tool tips.…
And they're just anywhere you're going to put your cursor…at the very least you're going to get a text readout…of what that is.…So if you have no idea what this funny little square is,…well, it's the Rectangular Shape tool…and you know that because it pops up…when you hover over that particular element.…If we go over to the other side here…the same thing is true.…You can find out that this is the Main Color…and what's this called?…That's the Additional Color.…Then you've got your Clone Color,…
- Working with a pen tablet
- Installing custom content
- Navigating the Painter interface
- Customizing your work environment
- Working with the temporal color palette
- Identifying safety nets
- Resetting brush properties
- Troubleshooting when a brush won't paint
- Drawing with Painter
- Working with bristle, special, and hard media
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 11/29/2017. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover new features in Painter 2018.
1. Painting on a Computer
2. Navigating Painter’s Interface
3. Customizing Your Work Environment
5. Safety Nets and Troubleshooting
6. Drawing with Painter's Media
7. New Features in Painter 2018
Next steps1m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.