Join John Derry for an in-depth discussion in this video Erasing tools, part of Painter 2017 Essential Training.
- [Instructor] We all make mistakes.…Thankfully, the eraser exists in the world of drawing…to essentially undo those mistakes.…However, just like a pencil is a drawing or rendering tool,…the eraser can be useful not only to remove mistakes,…it can be considered a drawing instrument as well.…For example, if you've built up density or dark tones…in an image, you can utilize an eraser to add lightened…or completely paper colored lines to your artwork.…Let's take a look at the use of the eraser in drawing.…I want to add one more layer in here because I realize…that the background is not going to be completely white…so I just want to quickly put in a little bit…of a tan color here and we'll just use…the real fat chalk to put that in.…
I just want it to be known that it is not white.…Now, let's go over to our erasers.…And the first thing I'm going to do is…I just want to fix what is on this layer,…just give this a hard edge…because that's what we want it to look like.…I tried to do it before but it wasn't quite the right eraser…
- Working with a pen tablet
- Installing custom content
- Navigating the Painter interface
- Customizing your work environment
- Working with the temporal color palette
- Identifying safety nets
- Resetting brush properties
- Troubleshooting when a brush won't paint
- Drawing with Painter
- Working with bristle, special, and hard media
Skill Level Intermediate
Painting with Particle Brushes in Painterwith John Derry49m 24s Beginner
1. Painting on a Computer
2. Navigating Painter’s Interface
3. Customizing Your Work Environment
5. Safety Nets and Troubleshooting
6. Drawing with Painter's Media
Next steps1m 16s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.