Join John Derry for an in-depth discussion in this video Enhancing with texture painting, part of Painter 2017 Essential Training.
- [Instructor] We utilized the new texture cover brushes…earlier when we added colored strips…to the edges of our collage.…Now we are going to look at the Texture Source Blending…category of brushes.…These brushes apply a user selected texture…to an existing imagery…referencing the luminance of the underlying imagery…in order to determine how much the applied texture…will be visible.…As luminance moves towards black…texture is deposited with greater opacity.…Conversely, as luminance moves towards white…the texture application decreases in opacity.…
This is another one of those techniques…that can sound like gibberish until you see it in action,…so let's take a look.…Here we are where we left off…and the idea now is that we're going to use…these levels of gray from white to black…to apply a texture to it.…And where its the darkest is where…the texture's going to appear the most,…where it's white it's going to be essentially not there.…And then all of the gray levels in between…will determine how much or how little…
- Working with a pen tablet
- Installing custom content
- Navigating the Painter interface
- Customizing your work environment
- Working with the temporal color palette
- Identifying safety nets
- Resetting brush properties
- Troubleshooting when a brush won't paint
- Drawing with Painter
- Working with bristle, special, and hard media
Skill Level Intermediate
Painting with Particle Brushes in Painterwith John Derry49m 24s Beginner
1. Painting on a Computer
2. Navigating Painter’s Interface
3. Customizing Your Work Environment
5. Safety Nets and Troubleshooting
6. Drawing with Painter's Media
Next steps1m 16s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.