Join John Derry for an in-depth discussion in this video Enhanced property bars, part of Painter 2017 Essential Training.
- [Instructor] As we noted elsewhere,…the property bar represents the functional…aspects of the tool palette.…Painter 2017 introduces what is referred…to as enhanced property bars.…What this basically means is that there…are now more tool functions and optional…available in the same space.…Corel obviously spent a great deal…of time studying this, and the result is improved work flow.…Let's jump in and take a look.…As you remember from earlier, the property bar…is up at the top here, next to the brush selector bar,…and basically this contains all of the useful…kinds of functions you're likely going…to use with a particular tool.…
In this case, I've opened up the texture…cover category Flat Brush, and what this…provides then is lots of different things…that you would want to use, things like…choosing between drawing freehand strokes…versus straight line strokes, that's always been here,…Align to Path and Perspective guides, these are…all things that have been here, but then…we move into areas where there's some new stuff.…
- Working with a pen tablet
- Installing custom content
- Navigating the Painter interface
- Customizing your work environment
- Working with the temporal color palette
- Identifying safety nets
- Resetting brush properties
- Troubleshooting when a brush won't paint
- Drawing with Painter
- Working with bristle, special, and hard media
Skill Level Intermediate
Painter: Painting with Particle Brusheswith John Derry49m 24s Beginner
1. Painting on a Computer
2. Navigating Painter’s Interface
3. Customizing Your Work Environment
5. Safety Nets and Troubleshooting
6. Drawing with Painter's Media
Next steps1m 16s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.