Join John Derry for an in-depth discussion in this video Drawing with ink media, part of Painter 2017 Essential Training.
- [Narrator] Ink media emphasizes the quality of line.…Line drawings done using single weight pens…tend to have a cold engineering style to them.…In the right circumstances this is preferred.…Examples would include architectural plans…or technical drawings.…This style of drawing is typically used…to clearly delineate subjects used…to instruct or illustrate complex ideas.…Loose style line drawing on the other hand,…reveals the artist's emotions and personality.…
So I'm so close to being done here.…You easily get into a place where…you start worrying am I going to go too far?…But once again we have layers,…we can do this all day long…and if we don't want to change this…we can play around on layers…and see what we like or don't like…and in the end of the day you can take all that stuff off…and just leave it as it is,…or you can say, hey I came up with a neat idea,…and add it to the drawing…and it will be part of the complete drawing.…So we're going to use ink and we're going to create…that all important layer…so we can try out some new things.…
- Working with a pen tablet
- Installing custom content
- Navigating the Painter interface
- Customizing your work environment
- Working with the temporal color palette
- Identifying safety nets
- Resetting brush properties
- Troubleshooting when a brush won't paint
- Drawing with Painter
- Working with bristle, special, and hard media
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 11/29/2017. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover new features in Painter 2018.
Painter: Painting with Particle Brusheswith John Derry48m 57s Beginner
1. Painting on a Computer
Working with a pen tablet2m 50s
2. Navigating Painter’s Interface
3. Customizing Your Work Environment
5. Safety Nets and Troubleshooting
6. Drawing with Painter's Media
7. New Features in Painter 2018
Next steps Updated1m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.