Join John Derry for an in-depth discussion in this video Drawing with bristle media, part of Painter 2017 Essential Training.
- [Instructor] Now that our sketch is done,…we can paint in the wildflowers.…I'm going to paint these in a fairly simplified manner,…with a single short stroke indicating a petal.…I'll additionally intersperse the flowers…with both blue and purple variations.…I'm using the Mixer Pad,…where I've mixed several colors together.…Let's take a look at our painting in progress.…Here we are on our painting,…and before we get started let me show you…some of the other possible variations on brushes…that I could have used for this.…
There's several in here,…and I chose to go with the Acrylics and Gouache category.…One of the reasons for that was I was looking…for a basically opaque style of paint application,…rather than one that's transparent.…And I've got several opportunities in here to do that.…Here's one, and it's okay,…but I really don't see much in the way…of brush hairs in it,…and so that sort of knocked this one out.…I mean they look a little bit like…funny colored sausages or something.…
And then Captured Bristle,…
- Working with a pen tablet
- Installing custom content
- Navigating the Painter interface
- Customizing your work environment
- Working with the temporal color palette
- Identifying safety nets
- Resetting brush properties
- Troubleshooting when a brush won't paint
- Drawing with Painter
- Working with bristle, special, and hard media
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 11/29/2017. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover new features in Painter 2018.
Painter: Painting with Particle Brusheswith John Derry48m 57s Beginner
1. Painting on a Computer
2. Navigating Painter’s Interface
3. Customizing Your Work Environment
5. Safety Nets and Troubleshooting
6. Drawing with Painter's Media
Next steps1m 16s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.