Join John Derry for an in-depth discussion in this video Customizing keyboard shortcuts, part of Painter 2017 Essential Training.
- [Narrator] Painter's Customize Keys facility…enables you to reprogram existing short cuts…to match your or another application's preferences.…If you find a particular keyboard command…difficult to remember,…Customize Keys let's you replace it…with a combination that works for you.…Let's visit this useful Painter facility.…One of the things that I do is…I move back and forth between Painter and Photoshop a lot.…And one of the things that I like about Photoshop,…particularly in the layers palette…is there's a set of keyboard commands…that allows you to move layers up or down a layer at a time…or all the way to the top or all the way to the bottom.…
And I use that a lot.…And so if we go into the Preferences,…down to Customize Keys,…and we go to Layers here, let's take a look.…Here are the commands for Move To Top, Move to Bottom,…Down One Layer, Up One Layer,…these are the ones that I want to work with,…and right now Painter doesn't even have…keyboard short cuts for it,…so I'm going to add them and mirror what is in Photoshop.…
- Working with a pen tablet
- Installing custom content
- Navigating the Painter interface
- Customizing your work environment
- Working with the temporal color palette
- Identifying safety nets
- Resetting brush properties
- Troubleshooting when a brush won't paint
- Drawing with Painter
- Working with bristle, special, and hard media
Skill Level Intermediate
Painting with Particle Brushes in Painterwith John Derry49m 24s Beginner
1. Painting on a Computer
2. Navigating Painter’s Interface
3. Customizing Your Work Environment
5. Safety Nets and Troubleshooting
6. Drawing with Painter's Media
Next steps1m 16s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.