Join John Derry for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating selections with brushes , part of Painter 2017 Essential Training.
- [Instructor] In the world of digital art and graphics,…there are probably as many ways to create a selection…as there are things to select.…There's the lasso tool, the pin tool, the magic wand tool,…you can select based on color, luminance, or layer content.…However, almost all of these selection methods…feel somewhat surgical,…and that's fine for precise selections,…but what about creative selections…that intentionally reveal the artist's hand…as part of the process?…If you are familiar with Photoshop,…you are probably aware of its quick selection mode…in which brushes are temporarily modified…to paint selections.…
Painter's new selection brushes…perform a similar transformation.…This enables the use of a wide variety…of expressive brushes to hand-render selections…that would be otherwise difficult to create.…Let's take a look at these expressive selection tools…and see what makes them tick.…So before we start I just want to give you an idea…of what I'm aiming at in these few movies…that we're going to be doing.…
- Working with a pen tablet
- Installing custom content
- Navigating the Painter interface
- Customizing your work environment
- Working with the temporal color palette
- Identifying safety nets
- Resetting brush properties
- Troubleshooting when a brush won't paint
- Drawing with Painter
- Working with bristle, special, and hard media
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 11/29/2017. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover new features in Painter 2018.
1. Painting on a Computer
2. Navigating Painter’s Interface
3. Customizing Your Work Environment
5. Safety Nets and Troubleshooting
6. Drawing with Painter's Media
7. New Features in Painter 2018
Next steps1m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.