Join John Derry for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating custom palettes, part of Painter 2017 Essential Training.
- [Instructor] The custom palettes feature…is a very useful tool that you will…most likely be taking advantage of.…Custom palettes enables you to reorganize…much of Painter's functionality to suit…your particular work flow, or you may…just want to change the way a particular…feature is configured from the factory.…All of this is possible, and we're going…to take a look at it right now.…Probably one of the main uses of…custom palette is to organize brushes…that you use regularly, and so for this…I'm going to open up the brush selector,…and we'll just use a couple of brushes here as examples.…
If you want to create a new custom palette,…let's say we'll use opaque acrylic with it,…if I hold down the Shift key and drag this out,…it will create a new custom palette.…Now I want to show you what happens…if you pull this out and you don't hold down the Shift key.…You'll see you get that no symbol.…That's just telling you that you're…not going to be able to create a brush…if I let go of here, it just goes away…and goes back into the brush selector.…
- Working with a pen tablet
- Installing custom content
- Navigating the Painter interface
- Customizing your work environment
- Working with the temporal color palette
- Identifying safety nets
- Resetting brush properties
- Troubleshooting when a brush won't paint
- Drawing with Painter
- Working with bristle, special, and hard media
Skill Level Intermediate
Painting with Particle Brushes in Painterwith John Derry49m 24s Beginner
1. Painting on a Computer
2. Navigating Painter’s Interface
3. Customizing Your Work Environment
5. Safety Nets and Troubleshooting
6. Drawing with Painter's Media
Next steps1m 16s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.