Join John Derry for an in-depth discussion in this video Color management settings, part of Painter 2017 Essential Training.
- [Instructor] Any discussion of color management begins…with monitor calibration.…Without a calibrated monitor,…you can't get dependable, accurate color, period.…This video presumes that you do have a calibrated monitor.…If you don't and you do work destined for print,…you should consider investing…in a hardware monitor calibration sensor.…What I've got on the screen here is the color settings…for Photoshop which is running in the background,…and I am going to go ahead here and I'm going…to load up the color management settings for Painter 2017.…
Let's put this over here, so we can see them side by side.…What you want to do is, basically,…match these up as closely as possible,…so that when the files go back and forth…between Painter and Photoshop you'll get the same colors.…Now you'll never get exactly the same color,…and I'll show you here in a moment why that's the case,…but you'll get so close that it's not going to be a problem,…and any minor corrections you need to make will…be possible in Photoshop.…Let's take a look here and look at the working spaces.…
- Working with a pen tablet
- Installing custom content
- Navigating the Painter interface
- Customizing your work environment
- Working with the temporal color palette
- Identifying safety nets
- Resetting brush properties
- Troubleshooting when a brush won't paint
- Drawing with Painter
- Working with bristle, special, and hard media
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 11/29/2017. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover new features in Painter 2018.
1. Painting on a Computer
2. Navigating Painter’s Interface
3. Customizing Your Work Environment
5. Safety Nets and Troubleshooting
6. Drawing with Painter's Media
7. New Features in Painter 2018
Next steps1m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.