Join John Derry for an in-depth discussion in this video Cloning workflow, part of Painter 2017 Essential Training.
- [Instructor] Cloning is a technique…by which a source image or source location within an image…can be applied to a destination image…or destination location within an image.…Cloning, then, is generally used as a means to replace…undesirable elements within existing images.…Through the years, Painter has incorporated…additional sources that can be used for cloning.…These include patterns, textures, and now embedded images.…Painter's new cloning source panel…acts as a central switchboard to easily choose…among these sources, for applying elsewhere.…
Let's take a look.…So, you'll find the new clone source panel.…I've got it located here next to the layers and channels,…so if we double-click here, we'll open it up.…And what this basically does is let me decide…where I want to get different sources.…For example, we can get a current pattern,…or a texture, or an embedded image,…as I'll be showing you here in a little bit.…But I first want to show you that,…take a look at this, and then I'm going to go up here,…and as long as you're in a cloning tool,…
- Working with a pen tablet
- Installing custom content
- Navigating the Painter interface
- Customizing your work environment
- Working with the temporal color palette
- Identifying safety nets
- Resetting brush properties
- Troubleshooting when a brush won't paint
- Drawing with Painter
- Working with bristle, special, and hard media
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 11/29/2017. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover new features in Painter 2018.
Painter: Painting with Particle Brusheswith John Derry48m 57s Beginner
1. Painting on a Computer
Working with a pen tablet2m 50s
2. Navigating Painter’s Interface
3. Customizing Your Work Environment
5. Safety Nets and Troubleshooting
6. Drawing with Painter's Media
7. New Features in Painter 2018
Next steps Updated1m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.