Join John Derry for an in-depth discussion in this video Calibrating brushes for maximum stroke quality, part of Painter 2017 Essential Training.
- [Instructors] Painter's brushes rely heavily on…input from a pen tablet,…Wacom being a popular brand.…The combination of pen and tablet…transmits information to Painter…about tip location, pressure level, tilt, bearing,…and in the cases of Wacom Art Pen, barrel rotation.…You can make adjustments to specifically adjust…a pen's pressure response in the Wacom control panel,…but Painter goes a step further…and has its own pressure response adjustments.…
This is done to maximize the quality…of Painter's brush strokes.…In this video we'll dive into…calibrating your Wacom pen for maximum performance…in Painter.…To demonstrate this I'm going to be using…the Speckle Gravity brush…found in the Dynamic Speckles category.…And, let's just take a look at what it does by default.…So, here it is, it's kind of a nice brush.…I like it for the kind of quality that it gives.…These two panels, the Brush Calibration and Smoothing,…are typically going to be found over in…the Brush Control palette.…
But I find them so useful…that I've put them over here in…
- Working with a pen tablet
- Installing custom content
- Navigating the Painter interface
- Customizing your work environment
- Working with the temporal color palette
- Identifying safety nets
- Resetting brush properties
- Troubleshooting when a brush won't paint
- Drawing with Painter
- Working with bristle, special, and hard media
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 11/29/2017. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover new features in Painter 2018.
Painter: Painting with Particle Brusheswith John Derry48m 57s Beginner
1. Painting on a Computer
Working with a pen tablet2m 50s
2. Navigating Painter’s Interface
3. Customizing Your Work Environment
5. Safety Nets and Troubleshooting
6. Drawing with Painter's Media
7. New Features in Painter 2018
Next steps Updated1m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.