Join John Derry for an in-depth discussion in this video Brush Selector palette, part of Painter 2017 Essential Training.
- [Instructor] Earlier we talked about…the Brush Selector Bar which acts…as Painter's art supply store…containing all of the various forms of mark-making tools…available to you.…This interface element is temporal…meaning that it is visible until a brush choice is made…at which point it closes.…New in Painter 2017 is the Brush Selector Panel.…Unlike its cousin, the temporal Brush Selector Bar…the new panel is persistent…meaning that it remains visible until you close it.…
In this movie, we'll take a look at why you…would want to keep the Brush Selector on the screen.…So as you remember from earlier…this is the Brush Selector Panel.…I can go in here, make a brush selection…and it conveniently gets out of my way…so I can go to work.…However, there are times when you're working…that you may want to work with multiple brushes in here.…And one of the things that I personally try to get rid of…and what this new Brush Selector Panel does…is it reduces the amount of time you're spending…just navigating the interface.…
The more time you're navigating the interface…
- Working with a pen tablet
- Installing custom content
- Navigating the Painter interface
- Customizing your work environment
- Working with the temporal color palette
- Identifying safety nets
- Resetting brush properties
- Troubleshooting when a brush won't paint
- Drawing with Painter
- Working with bristle, special, and hard media
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 11/29/2017. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover new features in Painter 2018.
1. Painting on a Computer
2. Navigating Painter’s Interface
3. Customizing Your Work Environment
5. Safety Nets and Troubleshooting
6. Drawing with Painter's Media
7. New Features in Painter 2018
Next steps1m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.