Join John Derry for an in-depth discussion in this video Assembling multiple elements, part of Painter 2017 Essential Training.
- [Narrator] Throughout this course,…we've been creating various elements for our collage.…Now it's time to put it all together.…We'll be utilizing layers for this…in order to build up the collage.…By using layers, we can "what if" to our heart's content.…What I mean by this is that we can readjust,…resize, and move our elements…until we reach a desired composition.…Now, let's compose ourselves and our images.…So here we are.…This is the base for the final image,…and you will find this image in the Chapter 6 folder.…
It's just called blank_sketch.…And I'm going to start building this up now,…and the first image that I want to work with…is the topographic map.…So we've got the topo_map here.…I'm going to select that, Open.…And when you are in an image with layers,…if you want to copy that to another image…you need to select that layer so it's active…and then do a Select All and Copy.…And then in order to not keep these all open,…I'm going to do a Command + W for close.…
And I don't want to save.…And now, here we are, back to our blank image.…
- Working with a pen tablet
- Installing custom content
- Navigating the Painter interface
- Customizing your work environment
- Working with the temporal color palette
- Identifying safety nets
- Resetting brush properties
- Troubleshooting when a brush won't paint
- Drawing with Painter
- Working with bristle, special, and hard media
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 11/29/2017. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover new features in Painter 2018.
Painter: Painting with Particle Brusheswith John Derry48m 57s Beginner
1. Painting on a Computer
2. Navigating Painter’s Interface
3. Customizing Your Work Environment
5. Safety Nets and Troubleshooting
6. Drawing with Painter's Media
7. New Features in Painter 2018
Next steps1m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.