Join John Derry for an in-depth discussion in this video 2.5D Texture , part of Painter 2017 Essential Training.
- [Instructor] We all know what 3D means, right?…Everything around us has height, width and depth…but what happens when we take a photo…of a 3D object or scene?…A photo can only represent two dimensions,…height and width, and yet our brain…can still recognize the third dimension, depth,…in a photograph.…This phenomenon is often referred to as two and a half D.…The two refers to the height and width…and the half refers to our ability to interpret…highlight, shadow and perspective as depth.…
Painter's Thick Paint and Thick Texture features…utilize a virtual lighting model to provide…the appearance of depth on the 2D display.…The result is as if a painting displaying 3D raised paint…has been photographed and we are now viewing it…on our display.…In this video, we'll take a look at…utilizing this virtual lighting model…to add the appearance of 3D to our otherwise flat image.…We are about to enter the Highlight Zone.…
Okay, now before we get started,…there's a couple things we need to correct.…First of all, I want to do a little bit of housekeeping…
- Working with a pen tablet
- Installing custom content
- Navigating the Painter interface
- Customizing your work environment
- Working with the temporal color palette
- Identifying safety nets
- Resetting brush properties
- Troubleshooting when a brush won't paint
- Drawing with Painter
- Working with bristle, special, and hard media
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 11/29/2017. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover new features in Painter 2018.
Painter: Painting with Particle Brusheswith John Derry48m 57s Beginner
1. Painting on a Computer
Working with a pen tablet2m 50s
2. Navigating Painter’s Interface
3. Customizing Your Work Environment
5. Safety Nets and Troubleshooting
6. Drawing with Painter's Media
7. New Features in Painter 2018
Next steps Updated1m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.