Painter 12 Essential Training
Join John Derry, one of the original Corel Painter authors, as he shares the creative techniques that will get beginners up and running, and shows old hands the new features that can get a creative vision out of your head and on to your canvas. The course demonstrates how to create projects, use Painter brushes and painting styles, build templates, and work with layers and channels. John also shares pointers on setting up a Wacom tablet to interface with Painter.
- Exploring the changes in the Painter 12 interface
- Customizing brushes and selecting painting styles
- Laying out the optimal workspace
- Controlling color with the color palettes
- Adjusting brush size and stroke attributes
- Working with texture-aware media
- Quick cloning with the Clone Source panel
- Auto-Painting with the Underpainting, Smart Stroke, and Restoration palettes
- Preserving transparency in layers
- Creating layer masks
- Painting with symmetry
- Working with the Image Hose
- Integrating Painter projects with Photoshop
- Troubleshooting brushes and other issues
Hi! I'm John Derry and I'd like to welcome you to Painter 12 Essential Training. In this course, I'll help you get familiar with Painter so you can use this program to express the creative artist in you. I'll give you a tour of Painter 12's newly redesigned user interface. We'll get into creating and importing images, exploring Painter's wide range of expressive brushes, as well as layers, cloning, effects and integrating your work with Photoshop. Whether you are new to Painter, or an old hand, I'll introduce you to all of the basics and new features that will get your creative juices flowing.
Now let's get started with Painter 12 Essential Training.
Find answers to the most frequently asked questions about Painter 12 Essential Training .
Here are the FAQs that matched your search "" :
- Q: When I double-click the John's Smart Brushes.brushcategory file as shown in the Chapter 8 movie "Understanding the Underpainting palette," the brushes do not install. Instead I get the message "There is no application set to open this document."
- A: This is because your operating system does not recognize the .brushcategory file type. This can be circumvented by selecting the file, right-clicking, and choosing "Open With…".
If Painter 12 is not in the list, use "Other…" to locate and select Painter 12.
The file will be read by Painter and the brush category will be installed.
Sorry, there are no matches for your search "" —to search again, type in another word or phrase and click search.
Deke's Techniques1,435,609 Views
Drawing and Painting in Photoshop - The Great Training492,398 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Fundamentals1,633,291 Views
After Effects CC Essential Training2,533,490 Views
Illustrator CC Essential Training (2013)3,019,140 Views
Painter 2015 Essential Training100,809 Views
Photoshop CC Essential Training (2013)3,249,919 Views
Illustrator CC Essential Training (2015)1,670,807 Views
Muse Essential Training1,405,772 Views
InDesign CC Essential Training (2013)2,871,101 Views