Learn how to use tabs and indents to align text and isolate content for improved readability. Also learn know how to use default settings and customize tab stops, styles, and indent settings.
- [Instructor] To improve readability…of your page's document,…you might consider lining text up,…indenting first lines,…entire paragraphs, etc.…And that's where tabs and indents come in handy.…They work differently.…We're going to explore both in this movie…as we continue working with our Leaf & Mortar bio document,…0305 if you're catching up.…Let's start by isolating the sentence…that we have formatted with some bolding and shadows.…We'll click in front of the O in our team…and hit return.…We'll go to the next sentence that begins with under,…and click in front of the U and hit return.…
Now we have three paragraphs,…including this one that is formatted differently…than the others.…So let's talk about the defaults here in pages.…For example, if we click in front of Leaf & Mortar,…and you hit your tab key on the keyboard,…what's going to happen?…Well automatically just the first line of that paragraph…will be indented…and it's going to be indented one half inch…from the the left margin.…We can see that if we go up to the view menu…
- Customizing the user interface
- Setting up documents
- Formatting characters and paragraphs
- Working with built-in styles
- Adjusting page layout
- Working with templates
- Adding boxes, objects, images, and shapes
- Working with tables and charts
- Sharing and collaborating on documents
Skill Level Beginner
iOS 11: iPhone and iPad Essential Trainingwith Garrick Chow6h 34m Appropriate for all
macOS High Sierra Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi8h 12m Appropriate for all
1. Get Started
2. Document Basics
3. Work with Text
4. Work with Styles
5. Layout Essentials
6. Work with Templates
7. Work with Boxes and Objects
8. Work with Tables
9. Work with Charts
10. Share Your Documents
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.