Learn how to insert/draw a basic shape on your page and modify the shape's position, style, and layering on the page. Discover how to access and insert other objects from the shapes button and customize them on the page.
- [Instructor] Another type of graphical element you may…want to add to your Pages documents to create visual…interest is a basic shape or even a more advanced shape.…There are many to choose from now in Pages.…We're going to explore them as we continue working with our…leaf and mortar bio document, 0705 if you're catching up.…We left off here working on our images,…but now we're going to draw our own.…Let's go up to the blank page at the very top,…above the table of contents,…this is going to be our cover page.…We'll start by inserting a banner,…a logo that's going to appear on this page.…
We'll do it the way we did our other images.…Insert, then choose, Shift Command V…is the keyboard shortcut.…This time we're going to get a PNG file titled LM_logo.…That's the Leaf and Mortar logo and more, click insert…and will be inserted on the page in its original size.…Of course we can make alterations to this if we want to.…Just go to the handles around the outside, click and drag.…I might make it a little bit bigger.…
- Customizing the user interface
- Setting up documents
- Formatting characters and paragraphs
- Working with built-in styles
- Adjusting page layout
- Working with templates
- Adding boxes, objects, images, and shapes
- Working with tables and charts
- Sharing and collaborating on documents
Skill Level Beginner
iOS 11: iPhone and iPad Essential Trainingwith Garrick Chow6h 34m Appropriate for all
macOS High Sierra Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi8h 12m Appropriate for all
1. Get Started
2. Document Basics
3. Work with Text
4. Work with Styles
5. Layout Essentials
6. Work with Templates
7. Work with Boxes and Objects
8. Work with Tables
9. Work with Charts
10. Share Your Documents
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.