Learn how to work with sections more in depth, such as inserting a new section at the end of your document, and choosing to match the new section's headers and footers to the previous section, and continue page numbering or not.
- [Instructor] In an earlier movie, we touched on sections,…and how we could add a section break…to create a new section.…The advantage to having multiple sections is…we can keep our pages together,…and use different formatting…for headers, footers, and so on through our sections.…So we're going to dive a little deeper in this movie,…as we continue with our Leaf & Mortar document,…LeafAndMortarBio0505 if you're catching up.…Now if we go up to page one here,…and click the thumbnail on the left,…if you don't see the thumbnails,…just click View, and then choose Show Page Thumbnails.…
When we click this thumbnail,…we see the yellow border around that single thumbnail,…indicating this page is all by itself in its own section.…When we go down to thumbnail two,…you can see it's the same size as the first one,…and then everything below it looks a little smaller.…That tells me that these pages are together…in their own section,…and sure enough, if we click thumbnail two,…there's the yellow border.…Goes all the way around the remaining pages.…
- Explain how to switch document views.
- Differentiate between font families.
- Cite the steps for using Find and Replace.
- Recall how to create a new style.
- Distinguish between headers and footers and explain how to use them.
- Describe how to create a table of contents.
- Explain how to replace text and images.
- Recall how to insert a table.
- Describe how to select and rearrange cells in a document.
- Cite the steps to take to collaborate using iCloud.
Skill Level Beginner
iOS 11: iPhone and iPad Essential Trainingwith Garrick Chow6h 34m Intermediate
macOS High Sierra Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi8h 12m Intermediate
1. Get Started
2. Document Basics
3. Work with Text
4. Work with Styles
5. Layout Essentials
6. Work with Templates
7. Work with Boxes and Objects
8. Work with Tables
9. Work with Charts
10. Share Your Documents
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.