Learn how to adjust the rows and columns in a table, such as changing column widths for a single or multiple columns, and change row heights, even placement of your table on the page.
- [Instructor] When you insert a table…into your Pages document as we did…in the previous movie, certain defaults take place…that can be adjusted such as your columns and your rows.…That's going to be our focus in this movie…as we continue with our leaf and mortar bio document,…0802 if you're catching up.…We have our table with the default four columns…and five rows automatically stretching…from the left margin to the right margin,…but when we start adding content,…we may realize that the column widths may need…to be adjusted, maybe even the heights of the rows.…
So let's add some content.…We'll start by going to the first cell.…When you click in the table, you'll see the markers…across the top, A, B, C, D,…and the row markers one through five.…Click in cell A1 and you can see…that cell is now selected and we can start typing.…So let's type in some labels across the top starting…with in-caps the word service.…Hit your tab key and the next heading is going…to be revenue.…Tab, we'll type in costs.…Tab with your tab key to the next cell…
- Explain how to switch document views.
- Differentiate between font families.
- Cite the steps for using Find and Replace.
- Recall how to create a new style.
- Distinguish between headers and footers and explain how to use them.
- Describe how to create a table of contents.
- Explain how to replace text and images.
- Recall how to insert a table.
- Describe how to select and rearrange cells in a document.
- Cite the steps to take to collaborate using iCloud.
Skill Level Beginner
iOS 11: iPhone and iPad Essential Trainingwith Garrick Chow6h 34m Intermediate
macOS High Sierra Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi8h 12m Intermediate
1. Get Started
2. Document Basics
3. Work with Text
4. Work with Styles
5. Layout Essentials
6. Work with Templates
7. Work with Boxes and Objects
8. Work with Tables
9. Work with Charts
10. Share Your Documents
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.