Learn how to create multiple columns for an entire document as well as for parts of a document. Discover how to adjust their widths as well as the space between columns, also known as the gutter.
- [Instructor] Have you ever noticed when…you open up a newspaper, maybe a magazine,…and start reading, the text you're looking…at is typically placed into multiple columns,…not a single column going all the way…from the left edge of the page to the right.…The reason is, it can get very tiring on the eyes…to move great distances from left to right.…By placing text into columns, there's less eye strain,…it's more enjoyable, your readers will read more…and they won't get tired.…So we can apply this to our documents here in Pages,…of course, if you have longer documents…and you want people to read without getting eye strain,…you might consider using columns.…
So let's explore with our LeafAndMortarBio document 0503,…if you're catching up.…We'll start by placing the entire document…into two columns.…We'll do that by selecting everything.…Use Cmd + A on your keyboard to select everything.…We'll go over here to the Inspector, make sure Format…is selected, but click Layout…and you'll see a columns section.…You may need to collapse other sections and expand columns…
- Explain how to switch document views.
- Differentiate between font families.
- Cite the steps for using Find and Replace.
- Recall how to create a new style.
- Distinguish between headers and footers and explain how to use them.
- Describe how to create a table of contents.
- Explain how to replace text and images.
- Recall how to insert a table.
- Describe how to select and rearrange cells in a document.
- Cite the steps to take to collaborate using iCloud.
Skill Level Beginner
iOS 11: iPhone and iPad Essential Trainingwith Garrick Chow6h 34m Intermediate
macOS High Sierra Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi8h 12m Intermediate
1. Get Started
2. Document Basics
3. Work with Text
4. Work with Styles
5. Layout Essentials
6. Work with Templates
7. Work with Boxes and Objects
8. Work with Tables
9. Work with Charts
10. Share Your Documents
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.