Learn what is required to follow along in this course, such as upgrading to a recent version of Pages (6.3 at minimum), some word processing knowledge, fonts, and a connection to the internet.
- [Instructor] Oh, here's what you need to know to follow along with me in this course. Firstly, Pages is always being updated; and I'll be working with Pages version 6.3. You'll want to upgrade to at least this version to see what I see; and, as newer versions come out, you may even start to see things in Pages that I don't if you choose to upgrade on a regular basis. Now you won't need any experience with Pages to follow along with me, but some basic word processing knowledge will definitely come in handy as we dive into the somewhat more complex concepts with Pages and the documents we'll be working with as we move through the chapters and movies in this course.
Also, Pages uses the fonts you have installed on your Mac; and the fonts you have installed could differ from the fonts I have installed. So in some cases, when you go to open an exercise file, if you have them, you may be prompted to choose a replacement font; and this'll happen if you don't have the font that's used in the file already installed. You can go with the Pages recommendation or choose your own font to use as a replacement. And, lastly, Pages includes some excellent sharing and collaboration functionality that we'll be exploring towards the end of this course.
To follow along, you'll need to be connected to the internet and have access to an iCloud account. It's free, and we'll discuss it in more detail in Chapter 10; but if you're not connected to the web, you won't be able to make use of this awesome feature. And you can also work with me on the exact same documents. We'll discuss the exercise files next.
- Customizing the user interface
- Setting up documents
- Formatting characters and paragraphs
- Working with built-in styles
- Adjusting page layout
- Working with templates
- Adding boxes, objects, images, and shapes
- Working with tables and charts
- Sharing and collaborating on documents
Skill Level Beginner
iOS 11: iPhone and iPad Essential Trainingwith Garrick Chow6h 34m Appropriate for all
macOS High Sierra Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi8h 12m Appropriate for all
1. Get Started
2. Document Basics
3. Work with Text
4. Work with Styles
5. Layout Essentials
6. Work with Templates
7. Work with Boxes and Objects
8. Work with Tables
9. Work with Charts
10. Share Your Documents
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.