Learn everything you need to know to use Pages 6, the powerful word processing and page layout application for macOS.
- [Instructor] Hi, and welcome to this essential training course on Pages, I'm David Rivers. Pages is a powerful word processing and desktop publishing application that gives you all the tools you need to create functional yet stunning looking documents. In this course, I'll take you through the creation process, beginning with a quick tour of the Pages user interface to get you comfortable in your surroundings. Then it's on to some document basics before we really start working with different kinds of document text and tools to ensure your documents display the right content.
Making your documents look good is an important part of creating professional quality documents, so we'll work with styles and other layout essentials, such as headers and footers, columns, tables of content, and much, much more. Then we move on to working with various objects, like images and shapes, even audio and video. We'll spend some time with tables and charts and explore the various ways to share your documents with the world, including exporting to PDF and Word formats, even collaborating with others in the Cloud.
With all of this and more to cover, let's get started with Pages Essential Training.
- Explain how to switch document views.
- Differentiate between font families.
- Cite the steps for using Find and Replace.
- Recall how to create a new style.
- Distinguish between headers and footers and explain how to use them.
- Describe how to create a table of contents.
- Explain how to replace text and images.
- Recall how to insert a table.
- Describe how to select and rearrange cells in a document.
- Cite the steps to take to collaborate using iCloud.
Skill Level Beginner
iOS 11: iPhone and iPad Essential Trainingwith Garrick Chow6h 34m Intermediate
macOS High Sierra Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi8h 12m Intermediate
1. Get Started
2. Document Basics
3. Work with Text
4. Work with Styles
5. Layout Essentials
6. Work with Templates
7. Work with Boxes and Objects
8. Work with Tables
9. Work with Charts
10. Share Your Documents
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.