Learn how to reveal hidden information about your document using commands to show word counts, character counts, paragraph counts, page counts, layout guides, and invisible characters such as hard returns, spaces, and breaks.
- [Presenter] Every document you create here in Pages…is going to contain document information,…simply stored with the document itself.…For example, maybe you need to know…your word count, how many words in your document so far.…This can be important to editors, publishers,…students, for example, who are writing essays.…Perhaps you want to be able to see this gray line…around your document body…and see header and footer areas displayed,…things that don't necessarily print…but are helpful if you can see them onscreen.…
So if you're not seeing these things like I am,…I'm going to show you how to turn them on.…Let's start with the word count.…You can see by our thumbnails we have a few pages.…Sometimes, though,…when you get into many, many pages and sections,…it's hard to keep track of how many pages you have,…so one option is to go up to the View menu…or the View dropdown…and choose Show Word Count.…It's a lot more than just the number of words.…You can see the number of words in this document…we've been building,…
- Customizing the user interface
- Setting up documents
- Formatting characters and paragraphs
- Working with built-in styles
- Adjusting page layout
- Working with templates
- Adding boxes, objects, images, and shapes
- Working with tables and charts
- Sharing and collaborating on documents
Skill Level Beginner
iOS 11: iPhone and iPad Essential Trainingwith Garrick Chow6h 34m Appropriate for all
macOS High Sierra Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi8h 12m Appropriate for all
1. Get Started
2. Document Basics
3. Work with Text
4. Work with Styles
5. Layout Essentials
6. Work with Templates
7. Work with Boxes and Objects
8. Work with Tables
9. Work with Charts
10. Share Your Documents
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.